If you wish to visit Malaysia for a VDR With Reference Visa, you must obtain a visa prior to entry if you come from a country with a visa requirement for entering Malaysia.
The following category has to apply for VDR in order to enter Malaysia
Malaysia VAC Charges:
The VISA FEES and MALAYSIA VAC charges can be paid by Cash or Indian Debit/ Credit Card or UPI (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%).
VDR Approval Letter:
Please provide any one of the following VDR letters:
1. Original VDR Approval Letter in a sealed envelope comes through the Immigration Department of Malaysia along with a copy of the same. The letter should be addressed to the High Commission of Malaysia, New Delhi for applicants applying in Delhi, Consulate General of Malaysia, Chennai for applicants applying in Chennai and Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai for applicants applying in Mumbai.
2. In case of EVDR - Two print outs of E-VDR approval Letter come through the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The letter should be addressed to the Malaysia Missions in India.
3. In case of MDEC - Two print outs of MDEC Approval Letter come through the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The letter should be addressed to High Commission of Malaysia, New Delhi for applicants applying in Delhi, Consulate General of Malaysia, Chennai for applicants applying in Chennai and Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai for applicants applying in Mumbai.
4. Note: - For Application’s submitted in Mumbai and Chennai if the reference number on the VDR letter starts with ICT then applicant need to submit Original VDR approval letter with 2 copies.
If the VDR letter is Computer generated, original copy is not required. If reference number starts with MSC/ICT/BVP/ESD then applicant needs to provide 02 copies of the same.
A selfie photo is not acceptable
Kindly ensure that the uploaded image is as per the specification and is clear to avoid any possibilities of rejection and issues at the the entry/exit points in your current country and Malaysia !
Foreigners who serve as professionals or experts on a short-term basis in Malaysia must apply for Professional Visit Pass. The scopes for this pass are as follow:
All the application for VDR has to be made by the sponsor / company / Institution in Malaysia (to the Immigration Department of Malaysia). And, the person may apply for VDR stamping at Malaysian embassy / mission abroad and enter the country after the approval of that pass.
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download these forms.
Please click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To Download a Form:
1. Click on the form link
2. When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
1. Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
2. Select Save Target As from the list
3. Save the form on your computer.